On Sewage Disposal
Sewage System Permits
Other On-Site Sewage Programs
Other programs related to onsite sewage disposal offered by Anderson Health Department include:
• Issues permits for approved sewage systems.
• Conducts evaluations of potential building sites.
• Approves onsite sewage disposal systems for public buildings, businesses and private homes.
• Inspects onsite sewage disposal systems.
• Conducts inspections of existing septic systems.
Are you concerned about the need for regular maintenance of your septic system? Review the powerpoint below to find out more about regular maintenance of your system.
DPH Septic System Maintenance PPT
Regulation 2004-01a Rescinded
On October 21, 2009, the Anderson County Board voted to rescind Regulation 2004-01a: A Regulation Related Septic System Maintenance. Any citizen who has already complied with this regulation will not receive any type of refund regarding those services. No future notices will be mailed regarding compliance with this regulation.
The Board also appointed a subcommittee to review the possible future need for a regulation related to septic system maintenance and furthermore to provide a recommendation to the full Board no later than the February 2010 meeting. This sucommittee will hold a public meeting on January 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM at the Anderson County Health Department.